Board Index  |  The Point Online  |  Discount Tickets  |  Cedar Point Hotels  |  CP Guidebook  |  News  | Facebook

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Overweight riders
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:03 pm 

I need some help. I haven't been to CP in 10 years. Now several kids and a severe car accident later I'm bigger and worried about fit. I have lost a ton of weight now that I'm walking again so loosing weight quickly but am still a big girl.

Will I be able to ride anything?

Stats:
5'6"
275lbs
Size 20/22 pant
3x shirts because of my chest size (42-44DDD) the rest of the shirt is loose.

I REALLY want to go and take the kids, but not if I can't get onto anything.

Post subject: Re: Overweight riders
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:28 pm 

I don't know women's sizes but you can do so much more than just ride at the park. Come after Luminosity opens up and enjoy all the light shows in the evening - and the other shows in the day.

As someone with weight concerns I pay attention to those of larger sizes. So much goes into body shape and porportioning along with weight. I've seen people who I don't think can fit into a ride fit, while others who look like they should fit don't. The only way to know for sure is to go and try some of the seats out.

Start with the rides that are better for bigger riders. Gemini and Magnum would be some good starts, then start moving to the other rides.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:00 pm 

My concern is paying the price to take the kids, only for me not to be able to ride anything. I know they will not ride without me there. A trip for me and the kids is really a huge stretch on my budget (huge medical bills from the accident) so paying the price to not be able to ride would be the issue. I know body type plays into it, that's why I posted my stats as pathetic as they are. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 am 

some questions from me:

1 - do TTD and MF still have the "inch of slack belt" rule?

2 - Does raptor have the bigger seats?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 pm 

there are a handful of threads where these type of issues have already been discussed.

the 3 rides that tend to be the most difficult are MF, TTD, and Wicked Twister. For wicked twister, I'm not sure because I don't like that ride. For MF and TTD, one test you can do is measure your beltline. If your beltline is 41" or more, you MIGHT not be able to ride. It just depends on where exactly you carry your weight, so exact measurements aren't possible.

Most of the rides at CP are way more accommodating than MF or TTD, and I would say someone of your size will fit on most of the rides, at least. If you can fit on the three mentioned above, you should be able to ride everything.

Last edited by IrishBuckeye on Fri May 25, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:48 pm 

caffeinedemon wrote:
some questions from me:

1 - do TTD and MF still have the "inch of slack belt" rule?

2 - Does raptor have the bigger seats?

1. No. There is no slack part of the belt. The male end goes into the female end and that is all.
(and that's what she said). :P

2. Not sure if the seats have gotten smaller, but I struggled with them for the first time ever this year. From your previous posts, you indicated you are a tad smaller than me. I am able to fit, but it is a tight squeeze.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:25 pm 

IrishBuckeye wrote:
there are a handful of threads where these type of issues have already been discussed.

probably all from me... :oops:

Quote:
the 3 rides that tend to be the most difficult are MF, TTD, and Wicked Twister. For wicked twister, I'm not sure because I don't like that ride. For MF and TTD, one test you can do is measure your beltline. If your beltline is 41" or more, you MIGHT not be able to ride. It just depends on where exactly you carry your weight, so exact measurements aren't possible.

another forum suggested 39" - if it's 39 it'll be close, 41 and I should be good to go! I'll be wearing a tight t-shirt that day!

Quote:
Most of the rides at CP are way more accommodating than MF or TTD, and I would say someone of your size will fit on most of the rides, at least. If you can fit on the three mentioned above, you should be able to ride everything.

screaming swings can sometimes be a squish, not sure on maxair, never ridden an outwards facing huss swingy frisbee thing

on raptor:
Quote:
2. Not sure if the seats have gotten smaller, but I struggled with them for the first time ever this year. From your previous posts, you indicated you are a tad smaller than me. I am able to fit, but it is a tight squeeze.

I should be ok, bit of a squeeze on nemesis inferno (thorpe park) a month or so ago, but I've lost a little since then.

I've seen one site say it doesn't have "big boy" seats as it was an early b and m - but it was released in the same year as nemesis which has them - and not only that, the regular seats are a lot bigger than most b and ms...

just 18 days until I'm there!